Articles on this Page
- 01/31/15--10:55: _Hatch co-sponsors l...
- 02/03/15--07:26: _On the EDge: Waitin...
- 02/03/15--12:58: _Hatch calls preside...
- 02/08/15--08:24: _Hatch lauds Huber a...
- 02/13/15--08:03: _Hatch headlines Lin...
- 06/30/15--17:53: _Hatch speaks on fru...
- 07/31/15--13:19: _Senate passes highw...
- 09/09/15--08:12: _Hatch continues opp...
- 02/27/16--07:34: _Hatch: Senate shoul...
- 03/10/16--10:17: _Hatch: Some are pay...
- 03/19/16--11:35: _US lawmakers seek t...
- 04/07/16--13:06: _Hatch decries Democ...
- 05/14/16--08:45: _Hatch, Lee address ...
- 06/24/16--09:37: _Supreme Court decis...
- 09/08/16--15:50: _Hatch: ‘Obamacare i...
- 09/10/16--15:41: _Utah man imprisoned...
- 09/15/16--12:19: _Hatch presses for a...
- 09/23/16--10:11: _Hatch announces con...
- 12/09/16--19:33: _LDS apostle makes h...
- 06/08/17--06:36: _Candidates line up ...
- 01/31/15--10:55: Hatch co-sponsors legislation to expand educational opportunities
- 02/08/15--08:24: Hatch lauds Huber appointment as U.S. Attorney for Utah
- 02/13/15--08:03: Hatch headlines Lincoln Lab’s Reboot Congress discussion
- 06/30/15--17:53: Hatch speaks on fruits of freedom at ‘Freedom Festival’
- 07/31/15--13:19: Senate passes highway bill; Utah transportation heads rejoice
- 09/09/15--08:12: Hatch continues opposition to Iran deal, outlines warnings given
- 03/10/16--10:17: Hatch: Some are paying very little attention to the Constitution
- 05/14/16--08:45: Hatch, Lee address Senate, honoring former Sen. Bob Bennett
- 09/08/16--15:50: Hatch: ‘Obamacare is only making things worse’
- 09/10/16--15:41: Utah man imprisoned in Venezuela needs medical help
- 09/15/16--12:19: Hatch presses for answers on suspected ‘ransom payment’ to Iran
- 12/09/16--19:33: LDS apostle makes history on floor of U.S. Senate
- 06/08/17--06:36: Candidates line up for Cedar City Council, mayoral seats
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Sen. Orrin Hatch, president pro tempore of the U.S. Senate, issued the following statement after co-sponsoring Sen. Tim Scott’s Choice Act, introduced to the Senate Tuesday, to expand educational opportunities,: “Students with disabilities, military dependent students, and the most underserved in our DC public schools shouldn’t be lost in our education system. This legislation will […]
OPINION – Scripture tells us, “Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” There is universal moral agreement on the lesson of this tenet that extends from Galatians 6 into the Fourth Karmic Law of Cause and Effect. Unfortunately, the United States Senate has failed to embrace it. Thursday, the Senate passed the Keystone XL […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Senate Finance Committee Chairman Orrin Hatch, issued the following statement Monday in response to the President’s fiscal year 2016 budget that was submitted to Congress: The President’s budget is a retread of the same top-down redistributive policies that have failed to lift hard-working American families and promote a strong and healthy economy. A […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Sen. Orrin Hatch, member and former chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and president pro tempore of the United States Senate, issued the following statement Wednesday on the President Barack Obama’s nomination of John Huber to be United States Attorney for the District of Utah. I am extremely pleased that the President has nominated John […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Sen. Orrin Hatch, chairman of the Senate Republican High-Tech Task Force, headlined the Lincoln Labs’ Reboot Congress Thursday, addressing tech priorities including patent reform, data privacy, high-skilled immigration reform, and Internet Governance. A few excerpts are below: On Crafting Effective Patent Reform Legislation We must not support a bill that fails to provide an effective […]
OREM — Approximately 3,000 people attended the Freedom Festival annual patriotic service, held at Utah Valley University Sunday evening. Introduced by Provo Mayor John Curtis, Sen. Orrin Hatch delivered a keynote speech on the current state of American freedom, the fight for religious liberty and the reasons to celebrate Independence Day. In his remarks, Hatch focused […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Lawmakers in the Senate passed a proposal Thursday to provide a long-term extension of the Highway Trust Fund. Called the DRIVE Act, the bill included provisions long sought after by Utah transportation leaders and was advanced by Sen. Orrin Hatch. The bill passed by a vote of 65-34. “In a state growing as quickly […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. — As the U.S. Senate begins debate on the president’s Iran deal, Sen. Orrin Hatch is continuing his opposition to the agreement. While the upcoming vote presents the first official opportunity for senators to go on record on the agreement, in the months before and after the president announced it, Hatch has raised what […]
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA— As lawmakers in the U.S. Senate continue the spirited debate over the seat of late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, the senior member and former chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, spoke out in favor of delaying consideration of a nomination now that voting has begun to elect the […]
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA — Senator Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, the senior member and former Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, delivered a speech on the Senate floor Tuesday to stress the importance of waiting until after the presidential election to confirm Justice Scalia’s replacement to the Supreme Court. “The Constitution does not dictate how the Senate must […]
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA — Legislation to restore accountability to the regulatory process was introduced Thursday by a coalition of lawmakers eager to ensure proper judicial review of administrative agency actions. The bill, called the “Separation of Powers Restoration Act of 2016,” looks to empower the courts, not agencies, to interpret all questions of law, including both statutes and […]
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA — Senator Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, the longest-serving member and former Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, took to the Senate floor today to defend the constitutionality of the Senate’s decision to wait until after the election to consider a Supreme Court nominee. In defending the Republican position, he also laid bare many of the false […]
WASHINGTON — Utah Sens. Orrin Hatch and Mike Lee each addressed the U.S. Senate this week, honoring former Sen. Bob Bennett, who died due to health complications May 4 at the age of 82. Read more: Former Sen. Bob Bennett dies at 82 Excerpts of the senators’ remarks are included in video attached to this report. The full text of their addresses […]
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA – President Obama’s attempt at changing immigration policy was dealt a major blow Thursday when the U.S. Supreme Court issued a 4-4 decision affirming a lower-court ruling that the administration had no authority to grant status to immigrants through his “Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents” — or DAPA […]
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA — Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch, Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, spoke on the Senate floor today about Obamacare and its negative impact on Utah. After outlining several of the health law’s deficiencies — including crushing rate increases, low enrollment figures, and decreasing options — Hatch shared experiences from Utahns who have […]
ST. GEORGE – A 24-year-old Utah man has been in jail in Venezuela since his arrest on June 30 on alleged weapons possession charges, weapons his family believes were planted in his apartment for political purposes. Joshua Holt’s health is declining as he sits in a Caracas prison. Although scheduled for trial Thursday, his mother fears it could […]
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA — As outrage grows over the Obama administration’s suspected “ransom payment” to Iran after media reports detailed how a $400 million transfer was timed to coincide with the release of American hostages held by the rogue regime, the top Senate Republican charged with overseeing the Treasury Department is demanding answers. Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, […]
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA — Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, Chairman of the Senate Republican High-Tech Task Force, has announced a contest to give Utahns the opportunity to win VIP tickets to a special question-and-answer session with Apple CEO Tim Cook. On Sept. 30, Cook will be touring Utah’s Silicon Slopes at Hatch’s invitation. Following the Q&A, Cook will […]
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA — Acting in his role as President Pro Tempore, Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch invited Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to join him in opening the Senate floor Wednesday with a prayer. Christofferson is the first LDS apostle in […]
CEDAR CITY –The deadline for filing to run for municipal elections in Utah closed Wednesday at 5 p.m. and while two incumbents in Cedar City are seeking re-election, one councilman decided to bow out. Councilman Fred Rowley announced his decision to not run for office a second time during Wednesday’s council meeting, joking that he […]